How to Transfer the address book from Neomail to Horde and SquirrelMail ?
hehe Good Question. Here is the solution :
From Neomail to Horde –
If you had entries in your Addressbook in NeoMail it is a pretty easy process to import them into Horde.
1. Log into the account using an FTP program and download the addressbook from the .neomail-emailuser/cpanelusername folder that is in your root folder and save them to your computer.
2. Go to Horde and click on Organizing then Address Book.
3. Click on the Import/Export icon at the top.
4. Using the comma delimited format browse for the file on your computer and follow the steps and it should work fine.
From Neomail to SquirrelMail –
After writing up how to import the Addressbook from Neomail to Horde now whether it is possible with SquirrelMail since
SquirrelMail does not have an import option enabled.
It is possible and fairly easy to do. Neomail only has two fields in the addressbook, the nickname and the email address.
SquirrelMail has five fields and the order is Nickname, First Name, Last Name, email address, and Other Info. Here are the
steps to copy your addresses over:
1. Download the Neomail address book by using an FTP program and going to .neomail-emailuser/cpanelusername. The file is
2. Edit the file in a text editor. Change the colon to three bars, i.e. find : and replace with |||.
command is # replace “:” “|||” — addressbook
3. Save the file to a folder called .sqmaildata in your root folder to a file in the form of [email protected]
(You can overwrite the file that is there if you have not stored addresses in SquirrelMail since it will create an empty
file by default.)
That’s it. You should have your addresses in SquirelMail now.
Please note that this only works in the SquirrelMail that is accesses by using /webmail after the domain name or accessed
through your CPanel.
If you need the addressbook in the installation accessed by adding /sqmail at the end of your domain you would need to
log in using /webmail, perform the steps above.